Thursday 3 December 2015

America you are better than this. Act like it.



More people have died in the US in the past 47 years because of guns than all those who have died fighting for America in the wars they have been in/started.

Another mass shooting happened in the US and they still don’t seem like they want to change the gun laws yet. That is even after there have been 355 mass shootings in the US in 2015 alone. That is close to the amount of days in the year. Still there are states in USA where it is easier to get a gun than a driving license. Please USA get a grip start enforcing some gun control. We are tired of watching you kill yourselves. Stop letting gun nuts rule your country. 90 % of the points the pro gun nuts bring forward make no sense.

There is the good old Guns don't kill people. People kill people argument. Let us start off with defining a gun. A gun is a tool that is made for killing or severely hurting the target it hits with its bullets. A gun has no other purpose in life. It is not like I go in the kitchen and say let me make a sandwich just pass me the gun so I can cut this bread. I have never heard a famer go ´’I am just going to go harvest my crop, better get my gun out. Or pass me the gun I need to change the channel on the TV.’’ Guns are made for killing and nothing else so when people want to kill someone else a gun will make this a whole lot easier. This is why you almost never hear about those mass killing spreads using you bare hands or a knife.


Then there is the whole I need a gun for protection argument. You would not need a gun to protect yourself if every one else did not have a gun. And with this it just becomes an arms race where whoever has the biggest and best gun wins. You know what they say the bigger the gun the smaller the (you know what I am talking about). Should we stop when it is legal for every one to own a nuke for protection? Some one wants to rob my house let me just blow up my city to protect my self and my family. At least they will all get a quick death.

I do understand that there are legitimate uses for guns. Example hunting or target shooting and so on but if you don’t want to go through some tests and a lot of background checks and waiting time so the general population can be safe, I really don’t understand you. Guns are just not for every one.



You guys are the democracy that has the power to change this law, but you decide to keep it the same and make a spectacle of it so the rest of the world can watch you kill your own population one gunshot at a time.

To end this off I will link to an article with some stats that might shock you.
http://elitedaily.com/news/politics/four-shocking-facts-shootings-gun-deaths-united-states/1305595/

America you are better than this. Act like it.

#MarksRants

No comments:

Post a Comment